In his book Pronoia, the Antidote to Paranoia: How the World is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings, Rob Brezsny explains how the Universe is working in our favor – if we let it. This concept is so powerful that I want to share our podcast on Pronoia with you! Oh, yes, I also have a podcast.
In Episode 69 of our Uniquely Brilliant podcast Diana and I explored the concept of pronoia and talked about how to embrace it to create better lives.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Why is it so easy to believe that things are working against us rather than for us?
- We’re usually more comfortable attributing the negative things that happen in our lives and the world to someone or something external to us.
- Taking ownership of the good stuff is hard. We frequently attribute it to luck instead of our own work.
Pronoia and an Attitude of Gratitude
- When we begin looking for the good stuff in people and situations, we find and receive more good stuff – it’s the attitude of gratitude.
- When we believe there is enough of everything (time, us, resources) for everyone, we’re giving the Universe a chance to prove it.
- An attitude of gratitude works hand in hand with pronoia.
The odds are in our favor.
- When we train our brains to accept that good things are meant for us, we attract them.
- When we’re in a negative place, we actually get smaller and heavier.
- We get lighter and expand when we we’re in a positive place.
- When we believe there’s plenty, we create a bridge to opportunity.
- When we examine our lives carefully, we realize that the Universe wants us to be the best us that we can be.